Project Manager (Chinese Projects)
PROJECT MANAGER - Signage and Wayfinding
- For Chinese projects, to act on behalf of Square Peg Design Asia as our representative.
- Responsible for project interface, coordination and management of projects externally (with Clients, consultant teams and fabricators) as well as internally for SPDA’s studio.
- Attend project kick-off meetings with Client and consultants to gather data for new development projects (renderings, elevations, plans, branding documents, etc).
- Prepare all new project information for internal kick off meeting with SPDA’s project team.
- Prepare internal management plan for new projects (schedule of works, storyboarding of schematic package, and job cost expectations) with oversight from Studio and/or Managing Director.
- Manage project budget and track monthly progress as it relates to the project schedule and budget.
- Responsible for tracking down and preparing all plans, elevations, and sections for designers to use in presentations and drawing documents.
- Provide internal studio coordination of presentation documents and phase deliverables.
- Analysis of architectural plans/site conditions and preparation of wayfinding diagrams, façade analysis, signage location plans & message schedules.
- Must understand wayfinding principles and programming and be able to create sign location plans and message schedules.
- Review and respond to fabricator shop drawings, submittals and RFI’s.
- Track and manage the fabricators schedule of works, fabrication quality of works and installation.
- Provide prototype reviews, signage inspections and document defect’s lists.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE FOR YOU TO BE A PART OF OUR TEAM?
- Singaporeans / PRs only (we have hit our quota for hiring foreigners)
- Hands on experience in the Signage and Wayfinding industry highly preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Architecture highly preferred.
- Experience in an architectural/signage office with project management & client interface experience.
- Drawing, dimensioning and annotation of design drawings (scaling - Imperial / Metric).
- Understanding of materials and methods of fabrication.
- Knowledge of signage municipal sign ordinances, codes, etc.
- Well-versed in mainland Chinese (written and spoken) and able to handle coordination of technical design issues in Chinese and coordinate with English speaking project team to ensure project deliverables meet expectations.
- Able to translate project materials and contracts from English to Chinese (or vice versa) and convey complex architectural and signage fabrication methods in Chinese.
- Prior working experience with Chinese clients &/or in Chinese speaking environment is advantageous.
- Proficient in MAC operating system and proficiency in Windows operating system is a plus.
- Skillful in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, PhotoShop, AutoCAD, MS Office, 3D renderings.
Come Join our Exciting & Dynamic Singapore Team!
If you have the drive and talent to join our enthusiastic multi-faceted team, please apply with your CV and portfolio.
Additional Application InstructionsPlease attach your portfolio (max of 8MB) together with your resume.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior Account ServicingMitjuju Co.Singapore24 May
Marketing and PR ManagerSOI Collective Pte LtdSingapore24 May
Jewellery DesignerThe Jewel BoxSingapore24 May
Ambassador InternFanfareSingapore24 May
Graphic Designer / Senior Designer / Art Director (Boutique Agency)NEIGHBORSingapore24 May
More from Square Peg Design Asia Pte Ltd
Senior Project Designer - Wayfinding and Signage DesignSquare Peg Design Asia Pte LtdSingapore16 May
Senior / Account ManagerOuterEditSingapore05 May
PR Executive / ManagerLOOP PR Pte LtdSingapore23 May
Graphic DesignerLucidity Pte LtdSingapore08 May
2D and 3D/Industrial Design Intern (Start in June)Nicosia Creative Expresso Pte. Ltd.Singapore23 May
Marketing ExecutiveStar Publishing Pte LtdSingapore10 May