Graphic Designer Internship (E-Commerce Division)
Essilor is the world leader in ophthalmic optics with products distributed in more than 100 countries. The Group designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of vision care solutions that help to correct, protect and prevent risks to the visual health.
The Group's human and societal commitment to making better vision accessible to all is what drives the 61,000 Essilor people every day. The Group enjoys a strong corporate culture, a result of its nearly 170-year history. It is based on values of entrepreneurship, respect for others and shared trust, cooperation spirit, diversity and innovation. This has enabled a strong growth track record over time, both organically and through numerous local partnerships worldwide.
In line with its mission to improve lives by improving sight, Essilor allocated more than €200 million to research and innovation in 2015 to widen access to eyewear that is tailored to each person’s unique visual needs and lifestyle. It leverages a world class supply chain including 32 plants, 490 prescription laboratories and edging-mounting facilities and 16 distribution centers to serve more than 350,000 clients worldwide. The Group also develops and markets equipment, instruments and services for eye care professionals.
Essilor reported consolidated revenue of €7.1 billion in 2016.
Its flagship brands are Varilux®, Crizal®, EyezenTM, Transitions®, Definity®, Xperio®, Optifog™, Foster Grant®, Bolon® and Costa®.
Sustainability is at the heart of Essilor’s mission, with healthy vision for all contributing to several of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. In 2015, Essilor was recognized in Fortune’s Change the World list, for the progress it is making in addressing the issue of visual health as part of its core business strategy. All employees of Essilor will help to deliver in sustainability and carry out our mission.
More than 3 billion images are uploaded and shared every day online, the Web is increasingly becoming more visual. We are looking for a Visual Web Designer responsible to generate ideas, create, test and implement visual content to support brand development and increase brand attractiveness in a very crowded online space.
You will be responsible to create content to convey brand feeling, emotions and messages, using more than just words; content that consumers understand and would want to click on or share.
We are seeking for a dedicated Graphic Designer Intern to support our eCommerce team in the ASEAN region. The eCommerce Graphic Designer intern works with stakeholders develop digital assets for the sunglasses business. Your responsibilities will include completing day-to-day design work for Ecommerce websites, emails, online advertising, social media platforms and more while ensuring deliverable completion under tight deadlines.
You will be part of a lean, nimble team that is focused on driving business results & providing the best online shopping experience for our consumers. You must be extremely comfortable rolling up your sleeves to bring this work to life. You will be expected to challenge and be challenged, to create and, to innovate.
About you personally
- You are curious and like to spend time on the web tracking the last user interface designs or fashion trends that will inspire you
- You are scrappy, agile and full of initiative. You regularly push your comfort zone to stretch and improve yourself and your work
- You are incredibly detail-oriented, organized and able to function in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround team oriented environment
- You have a strong ability to communicate your design vision and defend your design decisions
- You are passionate in designing sites, UX, color schemes, typography, layout design and other design elements
- You like to conceptualize, plan and design a wide range of graphic layout design while upholding brand standards
- You enjoy developing intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs
Internship Duration: 3 or 6 months and successful candidate can be considered for permanent role conversion, subject to individual performance and business needs
Scope of Business/Function
Brands and products: ensure our Brands and Products displayed attractively digitally to consumers in innovative way
- Make state of the art of internal visual content available / brand
- Perform and gather best practices in content management; by working with internal and external stakeholders
- Understand key messages
- Create sketches, samples, GIF, videos to be tested with stakeholders
- Develop final visual and manage the launch
- Obtain feedback from consumers and refine accordingly
Online Store design: ensure the right visuals are in place to guide consumers throughout our online stores and communicate the right messages define at Brand / Store level.
- Collect directions and guidelines from various stakeholders including online marketplaces and Brands
- Design Shop in Shop banners accordingly respecting brand guidelines (font, color scheme, etc)
- Design promotional materials on-time and within budget for annual and specific promotional events holistically; to support region business needs but not limited to Seasonal Celebration & Holidays, Black Friday, Valentine’s etc.
- Social media channels: Create visuals in support of marketing activities to drive traffic to our online store
- Content editing: Collect best practices from around the AMERA (Asia, Middle East, Russia and Africa) region that can be transposed directly to our online stores / product pages
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group’s sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission of improving lives by improving sight. All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group’s sustainability goals and mission.
We thank you for your interest in this position and regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Graphic Designer for Annual Report (2 months)Credence Partnership Pte LtdSingaporeMar 10
Creative DesignerMILL STIRLING PTE LTDSingaporeMar 09
Digital Content & Editorial InternIndie Collaborates Pte. Ltd.SingaporeMar 01
Product SpecialistGrafunkt Pte LtdSingaporeMar 10
Interior Designer (Internship)HjgherSingaporeMar 23